The two-year Empire State Fellows Program is a full-time leadership training program that prepares a new generation of leaders for policy-making roles in New York State government, and encourages professionals from underrepresented groups to join the Governor in creating a New New York. The 2013 class of Empire State Fellows will serve from September 2013 to September 2015, and receive an annual salary commensurate with experience not to exceed $72,765, plus a generous benefits package. At the end of the fellowship, a performance review process will identify fellows that will be given the opportunity to continue to serve as leaders in New York State government after completing the program.
ATTENTION ALL STUDENTS: ONLY 2 DAYS REMAIN BEFORE THE 1/31 HSF SCHOLARSHIP DEADLINE! APPLY TODAY!
(*Remember in addition to scholarship funds, all recipients will be provided free airfare, hotel, and registration to attend our National Conv…ention in D.C. this August!)
ALPFA and the Hispanic Scholarship Fund have partnered to provide financial resources to assist outstanding Latino students. Click on the link below to read more.
Through workshops and panel discussions, students will be exposed to the realities of job-searching while being empowered to succeed in light of today’s economic landscape. ALPFA will host a Career Fair where students will have the opportunity to put their new skills to practice when meeting with prospective employers.
Benefits to Students
• Networking face to face with recruiters to learn about career opportunities
• Engaging professional workshops designed to prepare students to become successful business leaders within corporate America
• Strengthening effective communication and interviewing skills
• Connecting with top academic ALPFA students from universities within the region
• Classification: Freshmen-Seniors from 4-year universities/colleges; Community College students
(with intent to transfer to a 4-year university); and Full-time first-year Graduate Students
• Pursuing a degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, and related career professions
• Mandatory GPA: 3.2 or above
• Two tracks of concurrent Student Workshops focusing on: Internship/Academic Preparation, and Career Development
• Leadership Panel comprised of students and professionals offering insight on advancement and career progression
• Luncheon Keynote
• Career Fair
To register, visit: http://bit.ly/alpfa2013symp.
AIG would like to cordially invite you to participate in our upcoming first annual AIG Summer Opportunities Symposium in Partnership with ALPFA-New York. This event will educate students on the opportunities available across the AIG enterprise, with a focus on summer internship positions. We are actively recruiting for summer analysts to join our programs beginning June 2013. This event will allow you the opportunity to learn about AIG and our operations, and to hear from and network with AIG employees from across the company; details as follows:
Date: Friday, February 1, 2013
Time: 2:00pm – 5:00pm
Location: 180 Maiden Lane, New York, NY 10038
How to apply: Please send your resume in MS Word or PDF format to University.Relations@aig.com, subject line “AIG-ALPFA Summer Opportunities Symposium” by Monday, January 21. We will confirm student participation no later than Friday, January 25.
This event is for summer intern candidates (college juniors) at the Undergraduate level. However, we will also accept applications from freshmen and sophomores who are interested in learning more about AIG.
We look forward to reviewing your application. Should you have any questions, feel free to send an email to University.Relations@aig.com.
AIG University Relations